Article processing charges (APCs)
SOIL is committed to the open-access model of publishing. This ensures free web access to the results of research and maximum visibility for published papers. However, it requires the author or a supporting institution to pay the costs of the review process, typesetting, web publication, and long-term archiving. These article processing charges (APCs) are categorized according to the submitted material and levied for the publication of the final revised paper in the journal (preprints are free of charge).
The following article processing charges (APC) are valid for any manuscripts submitted from 1 January 2022. APCs for manuscripts submitted in 2020/2021 have been charged with subsidized APCs (€62/77 net) and manuscripts submitted before 2020 have been waived.
|Price per journal page||Description|
|Category 1||€77 net||LaTeX submissions using the Copernicus Publications LaTeX Package|
|Category 2||€93 net||Word submissions using the Copernicus Publications Word Template|
What is included in the article processing charges?
- all online tools for authors, editors, and reviewers;
- professional processing of figures;
- typesetting, editing, and formatting in PDFLaTeX;
- English language copy-editing for final revised papers;
- immediate open-access publication of each article;
- article alert service;
- indexing in international scientific databases and reference services;
- long-term archiving via Portico and CLOCKSS, as well as a number of national libraries.